California  |  Disability Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/22/02, 5:09 am

Do I Have a Valid ADA Lawsuit?


I was a stellar,high revenue generating employee at an airline for five years when disaster struck- I suffered a rare bout of bipolar disorder. I advised my employer that I was ill and would need an extended period of recovery time (without mentioning my specific condition). After two months, my employer requested an FMLA form to continue my absence. A few days after this request my supervisor phoned me and I advised I was considering writing a resignation letter (I felt they were badgering me) (June 7, 2001). On June 10, I submitted the completed FMLA form which mentioned my psychiatric condition. On June 15, my supervisor sent a letter stating that they accept the resignation I submitted on the phone and to return my badge,etc. I believe I was discharged due to my disability- I never said ''I resign'' or any equivalent thereof. Do I have a case under ADA? Can it be pursued under a contingency agreement?

Many Thanks

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search