California  |  Appeals and Writs

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/12/13, 12:11 pm

First off thank you for your help and time. The situation I am in has to do with the city I live in. The city has trees planted on the streets by the sidewalks. Last year a strong wind came in and the tree in front of my home, which belongs to the city, started to fall. I had two cars parked under the tree so I had enough time to move the cars while my neighbor called the police department. There were cars passing by but I was outside with some neighbors telling them to not pass by, most of them listened but there was this guy who stopped, looked at me, he must of thought I was crazy but he still passed by. As he starts to drive you can hear the tree cracking I was afraid that it was going to fall on me. But it fell on the guys car. Now he is suing the city and me. What should I do? Should I call a lawyer, I have talked with the city but they are no help and I just received a summons letter that I have to return within 30 days. Please help me.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search