California  |  Aviation Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/13/10, 10:39 am

It's common knowledge of you own an aircraft then you are allowed to perform minor mechanical work yourself (oil change, brakes, etc) without being a certified A&P mechanic. My question is if your airplane is on leaseback to a non-profit flying club operating under part 91 of the FAR's can the club operations officer perform these tasks legally? The club maintenance officer currently only facilitates the maintenance and doesn't actually do work, but we'd like him to start doing oil changes and other light repair.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search