California  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/20/13, 12:00 pm

I hired an attorney who is messing up my case. He filed a complaint with information I never gave him. Then he never filed an omissions and corrections. The opposing counsel challenged what was said in the complaint and won against my attorney. Last hearing he was not prepared didn't even take complaint or demurrer with him to court. Furthermore in the beginning of my case I told him to recuse the judge and he told me there was no need to do so I now come to find out that he never wanted to recuse the judge because he said the judge would ruin all his cases since he has practically all his cases in that courtroom and with that judge. At one point defendant gave him information about his address and my attorney lost it. I am afraid I will lose my entire case if I don't do something real soon. I want to know if I can file an emergency motion or hearing and ask the court to give me time to find an attorney to take over my case and I want the court to extend my time to file a reconsideration or on my last hearing if possible? Is it too late to file a recusal against this judge its been almost a year since I started this lawsuit?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search