California  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/27/13, 7:58 pm

I was served a SUM-100 (Superior Court of CA, San Diego) complaint for money, being sued by non-payment of HOA while I was unemployed.How do I respond to a SUM-100 complaint for money Limited Civil Case under $5000?

Right now I'm short selling my home and will pay money owed as part of the short sale. So I basically need more time from HOA, until short sale goes through and they will get paid (short sale offer in, need 60-90 days to process).

I went to court house, and they said there are only 2 response forms I can use, General Denial Form (PLD-050) or the Answer-Contract Form (PLD-C-010). Is there a request for more time form? Which one should I use, and which boxes do I check to specify to give me more time due to short sale, and that the HOA will recieve a certain amount as agreed upon with HOA upon completion of short sale.

Need to serve them with response within 30 days of being served (03/04/2013).

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search