California  |  Business Law

I was served a SUM-100 (Superior Court of CA, San Diego) complaint for money, being sued by non-payment of HOA while I was unemployed.How do I respond to a SUM-100 complaint for money Limited Civil Case under $5000?

Right now I'm short selling my home and will pay money owed as part of the short sale. So I basically need more time from HOA, until short sale goes through and they will get paid (short sale offer in, need 60-90 days to process).

I went to court house, and they said there are only 2 response forms I can use, General Denial Form (PLD-050) or the Answer-Contract Form (PLD-C-010). Is there a request for more time form? Which one should I use, and which boxes do I check to specify to give me more time due to short sale, and that the HOA will recieve a certain amount as agreed upon with HOA upon completion of short sale.

Need to serve them with response within 30 days of being served (03/04/2013).