California  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/12/13, 6:21 pm

I am going to sign a contract with a business intermediary for my furniture brand in CALIFORNIA.

In this contract my company is the "SELLER" and her company is the " BROKER".

In essence she will introduce client to my business and be paid a comission when this introduction lead to a sale.


In terms of legal compliance, does she require any certification or licensure to be a "BROKER" ? Is this legally correct to use the term BROKER or is there a more appropriate terms ?

She already mentioned that she is not sure if her company is licenced to be a broker or it one is required in first place and I don't have this knolwdge neither.However her company does have the right to offer services or make slaes.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search