Legal Question in Business Law in California

How do I transfer assignment of judgement to my son in Los Angeles, California. Is there simply a form I can fill out and send to the LA county courts?

Asked on 10/18/13, 5:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There is no statewide form. It is done on pleading paper (the lined paper that attorneys use, that complies with California Rules of Court, rules 2.100-2.119.). It must comply with Code of Civil Procedure section 673, or else the judgment debtor can object.

If your son is a minor, there are other issues that are involved. It is a good idea that you consult with an attorney, first.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/13, 6:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now