Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in California

if I was assaulted buy another tenant in my apartment complex. because of the color of my skin in the presence of the manager/ owner which resulted in an injury. which now has me very fearful. and constant pain on the injury that appears to be more serious than I thought. so my quest?ion is . can something legally be done about this incident . and past history?

Asked on 6/03/13, 4:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You obviously can bring a lawsuit against the tenant who assaulted you.

Absent facts that are not presented here, I do not see a claim that you can bring against the manager/owner of the complex.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/13, 5:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now