California  |  Civil Rights Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/04/13, 9:02 am

My question is. Is it legal for the police to not allow someone the right to have their witness confirm a crime that was never committed. But to allow the other party to provide a video of what happened? I helped my boyfriend move two days ago and the old place he lived at is saying he stole things from there property. When in fact he didn't because I was with him days prior to the mive and I help him move. He never stole anything and the landloard is saying they have videoof him doing it. They rent out at least 14 rooms on one property and it could have been one of the other tenants. Because he was with me that whole day and night at a bbq after the move. They called him yesterday and said to meet a detective at the devonshire police station so we did. I waited 5 hours to finally find out that they moved him an hour before and no one even tried to inform me. So is that legal for them to not allow him to have a witness?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search