Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

When selling a used car, I didn't give the buyer a smog certificate and come to find out, it didn't pass smog when the buyer took it in. I figure I am reliable for getting the car to pass smog but when he told me this, I gave the option to trade back my car for his cash but he had already changed the breaks, put a new window tint and a few other things. By him changing things on the vehicle knowing he couldn't register it yet, does this still hold me reliable to pay for the car to get fixed and pass the smog inspection?

Asked on 6/04/13, 7:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I would try the practical approach and see what it costs to get the car to pass the smog.

Read more
Answered on 6/04/13, 9:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now