Legal Question in Consumer Law in California

I signed a contract to hire a public adjuster and they worked with my insurance co. When the insurance company paid me for the loss they did not include the public adjuster on the check. is that legal? Can the public adjuster get the insurance company to pay him?

Asked on 10/12/13, 3:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Carl Starrett Law Offices of Carl H. Starrett II
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You hired the public adjuster and you are responsible for the payment. A PA usually works for a percentage of the claim settled. You should go over the contract to see what is says about how you are supposed to pay the PA.

Read more
Answered on 10/12/13, 4:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now