Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in California

We bought a foreclosure house in the community in February 2008. We pay one HOA fees on-time. On October 1, 2010 we receive a letter from another company that charge us for all time another HOA fees. That bill include all HOA charges for over 2 years and additional late fees. We contact that company to find out why they charge us and who they are. At that time we find out that our property has 2 different HOA. We contacted escrow and they told me that they did not have any info about second HOA. We ask HOA company to remove late fee of $ 300.00 due to we were not notified about those fees and the HOA did not know about our purchase until September 1, 2010, so they charge us for everything + all late fees on September 30 and we get this FIRST letter on October 1,2010. Now we receive another letter that they charge us pre-lien fee on the top of everything. I do not know how they could charge us all regular fee for over 2 years + late fees without even contact us or send us any bills before late fees. Can we file a small court to ask to remove all fees and also I believe if HOA and I get some misleading info, we should split the charges 50/50. Please let me know if we are qualified for small court or we need to pay all fees for over 2 years. We start pay our portion since we get letter (We pay since September

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

This is not a matter that can be handled in Small Claims Court.

Larry Rothman Larry Rothman & Associates

In most cases, a bona-fide purchaser at a foreclosure sale is not liable for debts on th eproperty prior to the sale - if you bought at the trustee sale on the 1st. We would need to review the documents to see if you have a case. Our office is usually on the other side of these matters since we have represented over 600 homeowner associations.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in California

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms