California  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/06/13, 6:33 pm

I lent my boyfriend of 7 years, $4000 cash to put down on a car before his bankrupsy. Then i started making $300 payments for these past 3 years. He never put my name on the car which he promised to do, now we are broken up and i am out a total of $12,450. He gave me $2000 back of the $4000 down payment. I am out all this money and i don't no what to do. I'm a single mom with Multiple Sclerosis. Can i take him to court for all the money im out and now a vehicle we bought together. I have many doctors appt , etc. I don't no what my next step can be. He told me he was getting rid of our car a&buying;himself a new truck. But the trade in is worth quit a bit shouldn't he have to pay me back or split the amount of the trade in value so we both have a car. My grandfather passed away leaving me a 14 yr old vehicle with many mechanical issues. Please help. It's only the right thing to do! That's what i would do. Thanks

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search