California  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/23/13, 11:51 am

I appealed my speeding traffic ticket. Under PC Section 1385, the People motioned the appellate court to dismiss the appeal and vacate the conviction. The court granted Peopleís motion to dismiss but the court made itís ruling without prejudice to remain conviction of the speeding ticket and seek remedy in the trial court with Section 1385 or a petition for writ of habeas corpus. The DMV imposes $585 payment of my conviction before it will allow renewal of my driverís license due next month. I was cited by police for speeding over 2 years ago. Under PC Section 1385, can I seek dismissal relief in the trial court for the citation using a time limit statute?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search