California  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/29/08, 1:53 pm

check defacing

my ex wrote me a check for $1,000

in the memo he wrote I love you.

I deposited this in my personal checking account. this is a gift.

i have a house that we both put money into and he wants out and of course his share of the money.

his attorney provided me copies of all cancelled checks including the one I described above.

no that check shows an additional written DHS at the bottom next to the I love you making me think this is part of the house money he put in, but in fact, it is not. I retrieved a copy of the original cancelled check, and it only reflect I love you.

I believe he has delibertly defrauded the check so he can try and get an additional $1,000.

is this forgery? or what do you call this. thanks

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search