Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

disturbance of peace pc 415 (1)

Was at the park playing with my Black lab who was off leash. A man also with a dog proceeded to make a phone call. I asked him if ''he had a problem with my dog'' He said ''No'' I'm calling about a drunk driver'' And his next words were: But I'll get the police over here to deal with you too'' I then told him where he could go, called him a name then he reported to the dispatcher what I was wearing and all. I then basically told him what I thought of him and where he could go and walked away. Officers arrived. I was issued a 415 (1) for ''disturbing the peace?'' The officers said they had no witnesses and did not interview anyone. I said for what grounds are you allowing this to happen'' They told me the man thought I wanted to fight him cause I ''scared him''. Note** (We seem to be the same age and he was even bigger than me.) I never came within 20' of the guy. No evidence of any virbal or physical threats. I was told to ''Book myself'' How sweet!

Asked on 6/17/01, 6:56 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Victor Hobbs Victor E. Hobbs
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: disturbance of peace pc 415 (1)

I like labs too.

However, what's your question.

If the charges are filed by the D. A. you'll get your day in court before a jury to refute the charges. And you and the other guy can take a few days off of work to stand around the court house waiting for a Judge and Jury to hear the evidence.

However, I'm unable to think of any way your dog can testify on your behalf.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/01, 9:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now