Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

federal equivalent to penal code section 1300 subdivisions A and B

Asked on 10/06/13, 12:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Bail forfeiture proceedings are different at the federal level. Title 18, United States Code, section 3149 gives the bail bondsman arrest authority over offenders, but the bail bondsman (called a surety in the statute) is required to promptly deliver the offender to the custody of the United States Marshal for proceedings under section 3148. Whether or not the underlying bail bond is forfeited or exonerated depends on Rule 46 of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure.

Read more
Answered on 10/07/13, 12:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now