Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

I found out Last night that my friend is being charged with PC M273A(B) willful cruelty to a child (hes 3) and felony maintaining a house to sell a controlled substance. What does this mean and where would her son be? I have never seen her even yell at him so are the charges because of the drug house? Does that mean she knew they were selling drug?

Asked on 11/19/12, 8:00 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It "means" multiple felony charges with prison time upon conviction, and probably immediate loss of child custody to Social Services. She needs to hire an attorney. If she is serious about hiring counsel to help in the criminal and custody defense, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 11/19/12, 10:52 am
Brian McGinity McGinity Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Mr. Nelson's answer is right on and I agree with it completely. Basically this means "your friend" is in a lot of trouble and they need an attorney immediately. There is no way to answer your other questions without speculating as to the facts. This is not the place to provide the facts and this is not proper forum to get specific. Stop wasting time and start shopping for a criminal attorney. If you have any questions feel free to contact our office.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 11/19/12, 3:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now