California  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/29/09, 12:03 am

My friend was on probation for first time felony meth sales. He crossed state lines and was arrested for violating probation recently. His PD is worthless, I offered him cash to get a real lawyer but he declined. His PD is saying the probation department refuses to take him on probation again and his only choice is to take 16 months in state prison. His PD warned him that if he refuses the deal he can sit in county jail for 3 years waiting for trail, murderers go to trial in one year so how can this take so long? Somehow this seems like a raw deal and just a way to avoid doing real work. Is this normal for someone to get 16 months for violating probation by leaving the state?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search