California  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/02/13, 1:18 pm

My husband and I went to a Indian casino in the state of CA. and my husband dropped a package inside the said Casino. Indian Casino's are Souvern Nation so state laws shouldn't apply wright? the next night around 9:00 P.m the police came to our house and asked my husband some questions and my husband answered them honestly, the police officer asked him if he had been anywhere lately, my husband said yes the casino, then he asked if he lost anything, and my husband replied yes, my stash. the police officer left he did not sight and release my husband or give him a ticket, he told my husband not to return to casiuno, or he would get arrested for trespassing, then he left. About a month ago my husband got a letter from the DA. saying he had a Felony Possession charge and to appear in Drug Court on October 8, 2013. I spoke with an attorney, and he said to appear and plead not guilty. My question is this, can the DA. do this when in all actuality my husband lost possession, and souvergn nation has different laws and rules that apply right?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search