Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

i got a petty theft and went to court, they gave 100 hours of community service,1 year probation, and all these fees.

i paid the fees and havent got into any trouble, the only think is that i might not be able to finish my community service on time due to being a full time student and work.

what happens if im not able to finish the 100 hours of community service on time when i go to court?

can i get an extension?

Asked on 11/15/12, 1:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can ask for extension. But the discretion to give you an extension rests with the judge, and if you don't have proof of progress towards completion, don't be surprised to get a "no" to your request.

Read more
Answered on 11/19/12, 10:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now