Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

i was pulled over back in january i was told i made an improper use of turn signal and that i was driving slowly by an area for illegal dumping and asked me for my license & registration which i gave him i was in a light silver chevy cruze the cop found i was on probation for drugs and asked me if he would find anything in my car if searched and if i told him i wouldnt go to jail i told him of a pouch that had paraphnellia in my center console he instructed me to get out and sit down i did anyway the cop found meth and asked me to put it on my passenger when i refused he then asked me what would i give him in order to go free i asked what he meant he then said your supplier i refused so when i read the police report he added things that were not true like why he pulled me over they left out they had a dog search my vehicle i have to testify against him today and i dont know what to do

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

You were silly enough to believe a cop who says he won't arrest you. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha You think police reports are always truthful. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha What you should have done was refuse to answer his question and when he told you that he was going to search the car you should have said, "I do not consent to the search." They probably would have searched the vehicle anyway. But if you had a passenger in the front seat, they probably could not have pinned the stuff on you and even if you were arrested you probably would have been released eventually.

If you don't have a lawyer, get one immediately. Also text me at 415-336-7534 with your name and address and I will send you a business card with instructions on the back for what to do if the police stop you.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California