California  |  Criminal Law

I was recently arrested for 11550 (A) HS Use/Under the Influence of Controlled Substance in central california. My court date is not for awhile but I am quite worried. On a Friday I took, without a prescription, adderall during the day while I was studying for the GMAT. I then went out that night with friends and got very drunk. Inadvertently I walked into a strangers house, close to my friends, and passed out on their couch. The police were called and instead of being arrested for being drunk I was arrested for the 11550 (A). I'm guessing the girls decided to not press charges for trespassing or breaking and entering as neither of these charges are on my booking report. I know that Adderall is an amphetamine and if it shows up as meth instead of adderall on the blood toxicology what can I do to prove that I am not a meth user (as I have never used meth in my life)?

I have never been arrested before and just recently graduated from college. I smoke weed occasionally and am sure this will appear with the adderall in my blood toxicology. What type of jail time or program could I possibly face? I know the DA can choose not to prosecute certain cases and was wondering if the 11550 (A) is a commonly dismissed case.

Thank you