Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Sentence Range

my sentence range says 16-2-3, what does that mean? and what can my penalty be if i am facing a felony charge hs11377a and a misdemeanor charge sdmc58.0102a?

George Moschopoulos The Law Office of George Moschopoulos

Re: Sentence Range

'16-2-3' means that the low range on your sentence is 16 months, the mid range is two years and the maximum is three years. These are ranges for sentences in a state prison, not county jail. Do not take this charge lightly.

The latter charge refers to the San Diego Municipal Code and is a curfew violation. This is pretty minor in comparison to the former.

You should seriously consider hiring, or asking someone to hire on your behalf, an attorney to represent you. If you cannot afford one, the public defender will be appointed.

Feel free to contact my office directly if serious about getting legal help.

Best of Luck!

Jacek W. Lentz Law Offices of Jacek W. Lentz

Re: Sentence Range

This means that on the felony HS 11377 charge you could potentially face a sentence of 16 months or 2 years or 3 years. That said, a treatment program in lieu of jail might be available as an option for you.

Jacek W. Lentz, Esq.

310.273.1361

www.lentzlawfirm.com

OCEAN BEACH ASSOCIATES OCEAN BEACH ASSOCIATES

Re: Sentence Range

Minimum 16 months, max 3 years. Hope that they do not charge you as an adult. As long as you stay in juvenile court, you should come out o.k. unless you choose to continue to get high on meth, then you will ruin your life. This is a most serious matter.

The courts have tne most accurate information on the effects of meth use. Number one, it cannot be used as a recreational drug; two, only 3% are able to discontinue use; and, three, a meth addict is an unfit parent.

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Re: Sentence Range

16-2-3 means two years normal prison sentence, subject to up or down in range, depending on circumstances. The Misdemeanor can add another year in jail. Feel free to contact me if serious about getting legal counsel.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California