California  |  DUI Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/30/13, 11:14 am

Hired DUI attorney 5/14/13 to withdraw my 4/29/13 guilty plea. Attorney should have submitted the motion by now; he has told me on two other occasions he was going to file the motion but something always comes up. Now he won't return phone calls or send me copies of anything filed on my behalf. Asked (verbally and in writing) for copy of blood test results (which was missing from my court file), but I have not received any response. I borrowed money to hire attorney, no other resources to hire another without a refunded from this atty. I fired him once but he talked me into staying on with him. I can't drive, can't get a restricted license, I didn't enroll in the 1st offense class by the due because I was under the impression this would all be cleared up by now. In order for me to get a restricted license, I would have to go back to court to get new referral. HELP! What do you advise, I don't want to create bigger mess than I already have. I have no one to help me figure out an action plan (my husband and parents died recently).

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search