California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/10/05, 4:57 pm

Child Support Majority Age 18?

In a divorce decree it states the father will pay X amount per month until said child reaches majority, becomes emancipated, or there is a further order of the court.

The child just turned 18 this month and child support payments stopped. She is still in high school until June and plans on attending college which the father is not helping with. According to the order does child support stop on her 18th birthday, when she is out of high school, out of college, turns 21?

Thank You for your help.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search