Legal Question in Family Law in California

I have a court order in California for spousal support and arrears. I think my ex husband lives in Arizona but I don't know where. How do I enforce the court order and how do I get him to pay me the money he owes me?

Asked on 7/02/13, 2:26 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to locate him and a place of employment or some assets if u want to do this yourself. You will also need to get the jurisdiction you find him in if other than California to recognize your judgment.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 1:44 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may want to repost for Arizona attorneys to answer, as they can tell you what you will need in Arizona to enforce.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 12:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now