Legal Question in Family Law in California

I am a domestic violence victim advocate in California. I have a client who is divorcing her abuser. She has a retirement account from a state agency and he has a 401K. Both have roughly the same amount in the account. Both parties agree that each should keep their own account without dividing them. Is a QDRO necessary in this case?

Asked on 7/06/13, 1:52 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, not if they have a signed agreement. And you have no business practicing law without a license.

Read more
Answered on 7/06/13, 6:14 pm
John Laurie Gertz and Laurie
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may want to do a qdro for piece of mind. However each person has their own reasons for settling family law matters the way they do. I would suggest that this question is best answered by their attorney,

Read more
Answered on 7/06/13, 10:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88693 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now