California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/05/03, 8:22 pm

Father won't give me my son back...

My husband to whom I have been seperated for 6 months has my son and won't give him back. He was directed by one of my older brothers who don't approve of my divorce or my future husband. When I was younger I had a problem with perscription drugs and have had a few relapses over the previous 6 years. I currently still take medications but do not abuse them as before. And my boyfriend is also in recovery and has had a few relapses as well. In addition to that my boyfriend has a misdemeanor DV case from 3 years ago. He is not violent towards me or my son and has never hit me, it was a onetime incident with an ex and they had both been up for weeks before the incident. And my boyfriend is bisexual. That is what my ex and my family are holding over my head and keeps me from taking legal action when something like this happens. I am losing my mind without my son and want him back NOW. Those are the only issues which really arenm't issues they have against us. My son is 2 1/2 and calls my boyfriend daddy because he is the one who is the father figure and also by far the best. What do I need to do and do I have to be concerned by the threats. Sincerely, Losing my mind

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search