Legal Question in Family Law in California

I filed an Amended Petition; do I need an Amended Summons also? Can he be served the Amended Petition by mail?

Asked on 1/14/10, 11:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you filed the amended petition before he filed a response, you need a new summons and personal service. If you filed it after he filed his response, you needed to file it with a stipulation from him or a court order allowing you to file the ameneded petition. If you had a stipulation or court order, however, you can then just serve him by mail.

Read more
Answered on 1/20/10, 11:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now