Legal Question in Family Law in California

I filed my responsive deceleration to request for order in my child custody/visitation case in Jan. The hearing has come and gone. She got sole custody.

Problem. My response was never scanned into the system so the judge never saw it and assumed that I didn't care enough to file a response. Is there a remedy for me to correct the situation? What can I do?

Asked on 4/17/13, 7:57 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Zaida Zuraek Bridgford Law Office of Zaida Z. Bridgford
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Why didn't you address it at your court hearing? You should always have a copy of your filed documents with you when you go to court. If there was any confusion as to whether a Response was filed, you should have immediately produced your filed/endorsed copy for the judge to review. Or did you not attend your hearing or not hire an attorney to attend on your behalf?

Read more
Answered on 4/17/13, 9:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now