Legal Question in Family Law in California

I filed my responsive deceleration to request for order in my child custody/visitation case in Jan. The hearing has come and gone. She got sole custody.

Problem. My response was never scanned into the system so the judge never saw it and assumed that I didn't care enough to file a response. Is there a remedy for me to correct the situation? What can I do?

Zaida Zuraek Bridgford Law Office of Zaida Z. Bridgford

Why didn't you address it at your court hearing? You should always have a copy of your filed documents with you when you go to court. If there was any confusion as to whether a Response was filed, you should have immediately produced your filed/endorsed copy for the judge to review. Or did you not attend your hearing or not hire an attorney to attend on your behalf?

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California