Legal Question in Family Law in California

Hi, my grandmother died and she was my cousins legal guardian and she lives in Mexico now, can I get custody from my 4year cousin.

Christopher M. Brainard, Esq. Law Offices of C. M. Brainard - (310) 266-4115

If you want to be appointed as your cousin's legal guardian, you will need to hire an attorney and file the proper papers. My office does both document preparation and can appear in court on your behalf. You should anticipate initial legal document preparation fees and legal fees of between $500 and $850 to get started with my office. Contact me when you are ready.

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

You will need to petition the court. Feel free to call my office if you would like a consultation.

This gratuitous response does not create an attorney client relationship. The advice provided herein is generic, may not apply to your circumstances and is not to be relied upon in your actions. An attorney client relationship is created only upon execution of an engagement letter or retainer agreement hiring me or my firm.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California