Legal Question in Family Law in California

If I marry my husband who owes child support will I have to pay his doubt

Asked on 8/15/13, 9:18 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, but if you maintain joint accounts or joint assets, those could be levied if he doesn't pay, regardless of who funded/paid for them.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/13, 10:09 pm
Anthony Roach Law Office of Anthony A. Roach
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

To protect yourself, you need to place your earnings during the marriage into a bank account in which your husband has no withdrawal rights. This is a frequently asked question:

Read more
Answered on 8/16/13, 8:27 am
John Laurie Gertz and Laurie
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The above answers are correct for California but I notice your zip code is in Nevada. The issue gets a little more complicated if you are worrying about what happens if the two of you get divorced. If you are concerned about this and how to protect yourself you should consult with an attorney. If you wish you may call my office at 818 345-0123

Read more
Answered on 8/16/13, 9:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now