Legal Question in Family Law in California

Money owed

$10,000 worth of credit card debt was accrued during 5 years of a cohabitating relationship (both names were on the credit cards). After the separation, one party promised to take over half of the debt ($5,000) but has not done so in the 2 years since the separation, leaving the other party (me) to make payments on the full amount of $10,000. Can I take legal action to get money for half of the shared/accrued debt?

Asked on 1/11/07, 2:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Money owed

You could sue in small claims court for breach of agreement. Check with the local small claims court clinic.

Read more
Answered on 1/15/07, 2:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now