Legal Question in Family Law in California

(Please note: this is a question for a US attorney, even though I am currently residing in China. I asked this question previously, and received an ungrammatical response from a Chinese lawyer who was CLEARLY unfamiliar with US family law.)

I am a US citizen who has lived and worked abroad for the past 15 years. My wife, who is Vietnamese, and I have been married for the last six of those years. She has two children from a previous marriage (the father died, leaving her a widow with the two children). How can I adopt the two children? We live in Beijing and have no intention of returning to the US anytime soon.

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

This is not a question for a US attorney. The US legal system has absolutely no jurisdiction to have anything to do with an adoption in the situation you describe.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California