Legal Question in Family Law in California

(Please note: this is a question for a US attorney, even though I am currently residing in China. I asked this question previously, and received an ungrammatical response from a Chinese lawyer who was CLEARLY unfamiliar with US family law.)

I am a US citizen who has lived and worked abroad for the past 15 years. My wife, who is Vietnamese, and I have been married for the last six of those years. She has two children from a previous marriage (the father died, leaving her a widow with the two children). How can I adopt the two children? We live in Beijing and have no intention of returning to the US anytime soon.

Asked on 7/21/13, 9:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

This is not a question for a US attorney. The US legal system has absolutely no jurisdiction to have anything to do with an adoption in the situation you describe.

Read more
Answered on 7/21/13, 9:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now