California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/11/13, 2:41 pm

My Ex (RESPONDENT with Attorney) and I (SELF-REPRESENTED LITIGANT/PETITIONER)have a Divorce Agreement Case and lately a Spousal Support Arrears Agreement/Court Order. If and when I need to File "Order to Show Cause" for a "Modification" to the Court Order, do I have to have it served by a Process Server or can I just mail it. Respondent's Attorney told me unless I was starting up the Case from the beginning that I didn't have to have it "Served" by a Processer Server or Sheriff; that I could just mail it. Is this true?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search