California  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/08/12, 3:02 pm

We bought a house, completely gutted it replaced everything. 1 month later had a pipe break in the kitchen. Insurance company sent out restoration company who told them that we now had mold (within 2 days) and they had to tear out the whole kitchen. It is now almost 3 months from when that happened and the home owners insurance is offering us less than 1/2 of what we have been quoted from contractors to put our kitchen back together. The problem has been that the insurance adjuster has been out 3 times and is WAY underquoting what things realistically cost. Our house is 2700 sq ft. He estimated that to paint the entire back side of the house (because they had to make a hole in the house to repair the pipe) that it would cost $400. That's supposed to cover materials AND contractor! We live in southern ca. In the mean time, my family of 7 (5 small children) have been without a kitchen for 3 of the 4 months that we've lived here. What are my rights and if I hire an attorney, what kind of attorney do I need?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search