Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

can I serve a moving paper (opposition to a motion) in person myself as the Plaintiff to the Defendant by delivering it to the business/front office? if yes, how do I sign the Proof of Service?

Asked on 2/07/12, 3:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, a proof of service must be signed by a non-party to the suit. But you can just get anyone to sign that they dropped it into a mail box in city X on date Y addressed to party Z.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/12, 8:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now