California  |  Insurance Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/15/13, 1:18 am

About a couple of months back, I was hit by a car when riding my bicycle. I think it was mostly my fault (unintentionally/accidentally crossing during a red light). The hit itself was very light, and I suffered minor injuries, and my bike was damaged a little too. The cops were there and we exchanged contact information. Now, AAA auto insurance of the person who hit me, sends me a mail asking me to pay about $2,600 for damages to the person's car. I do not own a car, so I don't have any auto insurance. Is there any way I can negotiate this, or alleviate the fine amount?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search