Legal Question in Insurance Law in California

About a couple of months back, I was hit by a car when riding my bicycle. I think it was mostly my fault (unintentionally/accidentally crossing during a red light). The hit itself was very light, and I suffered minor injuries, and my bike was damaged a little too. The cops were there and we exchanged contact information. Now, AAA auto insurance of the person who hit me, sends me a mail asking me to pay about $2,600 for damages to the person's car. I do not own a car, so I don't have any auto insurance. Is there any way I can negotiate this, or alleviate the fine amount?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

Yes you can. This is known as subrogation. You may be able to give them 500,00 or so. If they have to file suit it will cost them a few hundred dollars plus a third of the total they collect for attorney fees. If you have auto, homeowners, renters or an umbrella policy one or more of these may cover this.

More Insurance Law questions and answers in California

Insurance Law Legal Forms