California  |  Insurance Law

I was hit by a car in and exchanged insurance and vehicle information at the scene of the accident. However, for the past 10 days, the other party's insurance company has not been able to get in touch with her and neither have I. My insurance company refuses to do anything because I don't have collision coverage. The other party's insurance says that they will not determine liability until they get her statement and may refuse coverage all together if they can't get in touch with her. I have 3rd party witness corroborating my story. Can I compel the insurance company to make a decision? If I file in small claims court, should I name both the driver and her insurance company as defendants? Can I file the case in the county I live in or does it have to be where the accident occurred?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.