California  |  Insurance Law

I am an insurance agent dealing primarily with personal auto and home insurance. As such, a major part of my work deals with advising people regarding personal auto and liability insurance and personal umbrella insurance. I am having difficulty finding specific answers to my questions about about whether, according to CA state law, there are any limits to the amount a person can be sued for and exactly which assets of theirs are exposed and which are not. For example, what percentage of a person's wages can be garnished to settle a lawsuit? Is there a limit to the number of years that their wages can be garnished to settle a suit? Are their certain retirement accounts that are not liable to settle a lawsuit? What about a person on disibility? Can part of their disibility income be garnished to settle a suit?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.