Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in California

Hi I'm a 16 year old minor living in the state of California. I received an "underage posession of alcohol" ticket while I was at a local town fair. What happened was I saw an older friend who had a beer and he offered me a sip. I took a sip. I kept walking down the block and about halfway down a cop pulled me aside. He informe me that his undercover partner had allegedly seen me take the sip. They never breathalized me however I did admit to taking a sip. I was wondering what my chances would be if I decided to challenge the case? Should I have received a lesser charge such as "consumption of alcohol"? Is there any way of asking for a lesser charge? Basically, is there any way of lowering or even better completely eliminating the case? Please let me know ASAP, it's driving me crazy!

Asked on 10/29/12, 11:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should talk to a local lawyer experienced in this type of matter. Most lawyer will give a free initial consultation. If you cannot find a lawyer call the local bar association and they will give you a referral.

Read more
Answered on 10/30/12, 7:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now