Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in California

Hi I'm a 16 year old minor living in the state of California. I received an "underage posession of alcohol" ticket while I was at a local town fair. What happened was I saw an older friend who had a beer and he offered me a sip. I took a sip. I kept walking down the block and about halfway down a cop pulled me aside. He informe me that his undercover partner had allegedly seen me take the sip. They never breathalized me however I did admit to taking a sip. I was wondering what my chances would be if I decided to challenge the case? Should I have received a lesser charge such as "consumption of alcohol"? Is there any way of asking for a lesser charge? Basically, is there any way of lowering or even better completely eliminating the case? Please let me know ASAP, it's driving me crazy!

Zadik Shapiro Law Offices of C. Zadik Shapiro

You should talk to a local lawyer experienced in this type of matter. Most lawyer will give a free initial consultation. If you cannot find a lawyer call the local bar association and they will give you a referral.

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in California