Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

What to do when landlord made up damages wont return calls won't produce facts

Asked on 7/20/13, 7:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The landlord must send you a notice within 21 days of your leaving setting out what reasons there are for not returning your entire security deposit. Your only remedy if he fails to do so is to sue in Small Claims Court [$7,500 limit]. Send a demand letter and then if that does not result in any response file suit.

Read more
Answered on 7/21/13, 4:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now