California  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/27/05, 3:40 pm

Is a signed lease binding is no money has been exchanged yet?

I just signed a one yr. lease yesterday, but haven't given him any money yet.

Now another house I like a lot better has been offered to me and I'd like to

take that one instead. Can I cancel the first agreement without penalty? It

did stipulate that my vacating the premise early would allow the landlord to

keep the security deposit, but he doesn't have any money yet. Is there a

graceful way out of this signed lease?



Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search