California  |  Legal Ethics

On Sunday January 20 I bought a ticket on united airlines for a 4pm flight. I called an hour before and changed my flight till the next day Monday the 21st at 12 noon. I had a business meeting on Monday for a job that I would've earned over 10k on. I got to the airport at over an hour before flight as I only had carry on. Upon arriving I tried to print my boarding pass and it said I wasn't on any flights. By the time I got to the front desk it was about 12. The united employee couldn't find my reservation. Until finally he pulled it up and said they had booked me on the flight the day before at noon by mistake, and that I couldn't make the flight at 12 because they gave my seat away. So the next flight out to my destination was 4 hours later. I needed to be there at 230. I was so upset that I went back to my hotel and rented a car and drove myself back. In an attempt to salvage this new dream job.... I finally arrived at 5pm... Only to find out that I lost the job because of my failure to be there on time.

My question to you is do I have a case against them as united has admitted to me it was there screw up. And how much potentially for. Considering this was a job that could've lasted a lifetime.

I am going to write an email to united customer care but wanted to checkin first.