California  |  Medical Malpractice

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/24/01, 2:40 pm

Can I sue my delivery doctor if I can't have sex anymore?

I am 16 years old and had a baby 16 months ago. When I was in the delivery room everyone was treating me badly because of my age. I had to get an episiotomy and even though this was done, I still tore all the way through a rectal muscle. Ever since the baby I have not been able to have sex, I recently told my gyno. that I was concerned about this and he told me that the scar from the way I was stitched up is the reason for my pain. He told me that I will need surgery to cut open the scar and re-stitch it, he told me that insurance will not cover this procedure and it is very expensive. Can I sue the delivery doctor for the price of my surgery or is this a common thing?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search