Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I was rear ended by a rented car from Hertz. That driver didn't have prior coverage, so they purchased insurance from Hertz. Hertz is self insured. They say their car is covered, but mine is not. They have offered to pay $5000. in damages on my truck. The Hertz adjuster has written an estimate for $9000. Hertz says there customers are not required (in the state of California) to purchase insurance for the second party. The Hertz driver admitted fault and was cited. There were no injuries. I want Hertz to be responsible for all damages and to provide a vehicle while mine is being repaired. I'm at a loss as what action to take. Can you help me please?

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Joshua Hale Hale Law Group

Your policy likely has what is called uninsured or under-insured coverage. That is where I would start. Give my office a call, and I will be happy to help you.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California