California  |  Personal Injury

Hi. I was struck by a car while walking in a crosswalk last December. I did not have medical insurance and after one doctor's visit out of my own pocket, realized I could not afford to pay initial costs for treatment up front, so I hired an attorney. That attorney sent me to multiple doctors and advanced her own cash for some of the visits. I asked her and her staff several times if they knew what the policy limit was of the person that hit me, because I do not want to get stuck with the bills and liens. The attorney's office told me that the insurance has a legal right not to disclose that information to them. Yesterday with no explanation I received a "Release in Full of All Claims" form for less than the amount of all my bills.. I called the attorney and again she said that they had no way of knowing this...I find this hard to believe, and question whether they were negligent in pursuing this information before while I have been accumulating bills during treatment, that sound like they may now land on me. I am not sure what to do...the Release of All Claims form doesn't have any mention of the person that hit me's insurance company so I have to wonder also if that is a legitimate Release of Claims form.

Basically, I have no idea where to go from here and any advice would help. Thanks.

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com