Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

trusts and lawsuit

If one has all their assets in a trust and is sued, can the other party go over the assets in the trust (if one is sued professionally and/or personally

Asked on 6/01/07, 1:11 pm

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jonathan Stein Law Offices of Jonathan G. Stein
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: trusts and lawsuit

It depends on how the trust is set up. You need to talk to an estate planning attorney about this issue.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/07, 3:21 pm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: trusts and lawsuit

If you are being sued personally, and the trust is a revocable trust, yes.

Otherwise, maybe, depending on a number of factors. You need to consult with an attorney to go over all of the details of how and when the trust was created and funded, and the nature of the obligation on which you are being sued.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/07, 8:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now