California  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/18/13, 11:49 pm

My husband's brother was adopted by his aunt who lives in Canada, 15 years ago. He is a PR of Canada since then. He forced his biological father (my father in law) to give him a share of the agricultural property in India. Since he is NRI can he claim. Can he claim the property under inheritance?

This agricultural property owned by my father in law was bought in 2011 by selling off the agricultural land that he had acquired from his mother i.e. my husbands' grandmother.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search